October 12, 2019
The Newfie Day schedule of events includes:
• 10 a.m. — “Newfies” Know Puppet Show by Solarity Puppetry
• 10:45 a.m. — PNWNC Drafting Demonstration
• 11:30 a.m. — “How Clever - ¡Que Listo!” Puppet Show (bilingual performance)
• 12:45 p.m. — “Newfies Know” Puppet Show
• 1:30 p.m. — PNWNC Water Rescue Demonstration
2503 Sacajawea Park Road
Pasco, WA 99301
Mary Keffer, Sacajawea Historical State
Admission to Newfie Day is free, but a Discover Pass is required for vehicle entrance to the park.
'Newfie Day!’ celebrates courageous canine from Corps of Discovery
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Washington State Parks invites the public — especially youth — to meet “Sage,” a Newfoundland dog, enjoy puppet shows and watch canine skills demonstrations during Newfie Day at Sacajawea Historical State Park. Sage is a 6-year-old Newfoundland dog who lives with her owner Erin Andersen in Wenatchee. Andersen is a member of the Pacific Northwest Newfoundland Club (PNWNC). Sage is trained in water rescue and “drafting” (cart pulling), which are tasks Seaman performed during the Corps of Discovery Expedition. During the event, Sage will demonstrate these same skills. Solarity Puppetry will perform several shows, including a bilingual performance that tells the stories of Native American animal tricksters.