Do I need a Discover Pass?

Yes. The Discover Pass is required to park your vehicle at state recreation lands and water-access sites managed by Washington State Parks and Department of Natural Resources (DNR). These lands include state parks, water-access points, heritage sites, wildlife and natural areas, DNR campgrounds, trails and trailheads and all DNR-managed uplands. The Discover Pass is required at state parks for day-use visits only.

A Discover Pass is also required on lands managed by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW). This includes water-access and wildlife areas, unless you already have a Vehicle Access Pass issued with the purchase of an eligible hunting or fishing license.

Show All Answers

1. What parks, recreation lands are open?
2. Do I need a Discover Pass?
3. Are playgrounds open?
4. Can I get an extension or refund on my Discover Pass for the time state lands were closed?
5. Will restrooms be open?
6. Are docks, moorage and marine park facilities open?
7. Will anchoring be monitored or regulated? How about beach landing areas for dinghies?
8. Are pumpouts open and operating?
9. If a park is only open for day use, what time does the park close?
10. Will I get a full refund for my camping or overnight accommodation reservation?
11. What if I have a reservation at a park that is currently closed for camping? When will I know if my reservation is canceled?
12. Will state lands close if there are issues with crowding?
13. How can I report any issues of crowding, trash or other concerns of wildlife areas or boat launches to WDFW?
14. Can I still volunteer to help clean up and maintain my local state park?
15. When will cabins and yurts open?
16. Are group campgrounds open?
17. Are vacation homes open?