Restored former seminary now houses hotel rooms, restaurant, gallery and more
OLYMPIA – April 28, 2021 – Washington State Parks and Recreation commissioners will attend the grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the newly restored seminary at Saint Edward State Park next week in Kenmore.
The Catholic seminary, designed by renowned Seattle architect John Graham and built in 1931, closed in 1976 due to declining enrollment. State Parks acquired the building and grounds in 1977. Without ongoing use, the 80,000-square-foot structure fell into disrepair. The building and its surroundings were later listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The seminary has now been transformed into a lodge, restaurant, lounges and gallery. Seattle-based Daniels Real Estate completed the renovations.
Grand Opening: The Lodge at Saint Edward State Park
- Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- City of Kenmore
- Elected officials from King county and Washington state
- General public
- Daniels Real Estate
Friday, May 7
The Lodge at Saint Edward State Park entrance
14445 Juanita Drive NE
Kenmore, WA 98028
Due to COVID precautions, the ribbon cutting will take place outdoors, and the number of speakers will be limited to keep the ceremony brief and safe.
NOTE TO MEDIA: More details about the May 7 ceremony will be published in a news release by The Lodge at Saint Edward State Park early next week.
News media contact:
Anna Gill, State Parks Communications Director, (360) 902-8562
About Washington State Parks
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission manages more than 100 state parks and properties totaling approximately 120,000 acres. The Commission provides a variety of recreation opportunities for citizens and provides stewardship protection for a diverse array of natural, cultural and historic resources. State Parks’ statewide programs include long-distance trails, boating safety and winter recreation.
News release number: 21-020