Cape Disappointment State Park
Cape Disappointment State Park is a 1,882-acre camping park on the Long Beach Peninsula, where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean. Visitors can enjoy the dramatic scenery from atop steep cliffs. The park offers long stretches of sandy beaches and wind-blown forests for visitors to explore. Visitors also may tour the park's historical coastal fort, two lighthouses, and the newly expanded Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center.
Cape Disappointment yurts
The yurts are within walking distance of the beach. Each yurt is 16 feet in diameter by 10 feet high and is furnished with bunk beds that sleep three, a full-size futon, floor lamp, small end table and heater. Outside is a picnic table, fire pit with grate and a deck that is ADA accessible. All yurts are heated, but visitors should take along blankets and warm clothing as evenings can be cool. A nearby RV pad with utility hookup is available for additional fee at the park.
Check-in time is 4 p.m., check-out time is 11 a.m.
Each yurt can accommodate up to six guests.
- Peak season (all nights) - $79 plus tax per night
- Shoulder/winter season weeknights - $64 plus tax per night
- Shoulder/winter season weekends - $74 plus tax per night
To make a reservation at this park, visit the reservation website.
- Bed linens are not provided. Campers must bring their own linens and blankets.
- Cooking is not allowed in platform tents, wall tents, teepees, lookouts or yurts. Cooking is allowed only in cabins with kitchenettes.
- Pets are only permitted in designated pet-friendly overnight accommodations for an additional fee.
- Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to cabins, platform tents, teepees, vacation houses, yurts or other roofed overnight accommodations.
Reservations & cancellations
Unless otherwise noted above, reservations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688. Reservations may be made nine months in advance of the arrival date. The rental fee and non-refundable reservation fee must be paid in full at the time a reservation is made. This holds the rental facility until 1 p.m. on the day after the first reserved night.
Cancellations may be made online or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.