Commission meetings & agendas
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission is a board of seven citizen volunteers appointed by the governor. The commission has regular meetings six times a year at pre-determined locations around the state. Regular meetings run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and include an opportunity for public comment. The commission chair may call special meetings at any time; all special meetings are announced in advance.
The commission typically meets in a work session from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day prior to the regular meeting in the same location or at a location near the regular meeting location. Work sessions are educational sessions on park operations and issues that eventually may go before the commission. The commission may also tour area sites or parks the day following the regular meeting. No public comment and no formal action are taken at work sessions and tours.
2021 COMMISSION MEETINGS
City of Richland City Hall
625 Swift Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
Nov. 17, 18
1131 SW Skamania Lodge Way
Stevenson, WA 98648
commission meeting agendas and items
Agendas are posted online at least one week in advance of meetings, and actions are posted within a week after the meeting.
July 14 Regular Commission Work Session
- Public Comment: This is a work session between staff and the Commission. The public is invited but no public comment will be taken. No decisions will be made by the Commission at the work session.
- Power Point Presentations for the July 14, Regular Commission Work Session
July 15 Regular Commission Meeting
- Public Comment: Comments about topics not on the agenda are taken during General Public Comments. Comments about agenda topics will be taken with each topic.
If you wish to comment at a meeting, please fill out a comment card and provide it to staff at the sign in table. The Chair will call you up to the front at the appropriate time. You may also submit written comments to the Commission by emailing them to Commission@parks.wa.gov by 5 p.m. on July 9, 2021. Comments received after this date and time will not be provided to the Commission prior to their meeting but will be retained for the official record.
- Actions Items and PowerPoint presentations for the July 15 Regular Commission Meeting
- Palouse to Cascades Trail Coalition Presentation
- MS2000 Pre-Arranged Speaker Presentation
- Commissioner Report - Mark Brown