Commission meetings & agendas
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission is a board of seven citizen volunteers appointed by the governor. The commission has regular meetings six times a year at pre-determined locations around the state. Regular meetings run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and include an opportunity for public comment. The commission chair may call special meetings at any time; all special meetings are announced in advance.
The commission typically meets in a work session from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day prior to the regular meeting in the same location or at a location near the regular meeting location. Work sessions are educational sessions on park operations and issues that eventually may go before the commission. The commission may also tour area sites or parks the day following the regular meeting. No public comment and no formal action are taken at work sessions and tours.
Upcoming Commission Meetings
2021 COMMISSION MEETINGS
Upcoming commission meeting agendas and items
Agendas are posted online at least one week in advance of meetings, and actions are posted within a week after the meeting.
NAVY TRAINING PROPOSAL
Related past Commission Meeting agendas and Reports
- Jan. 26, 2021 Remote Special Commission Meeting Agenda
- Jan. 26, 2021 Remote Special Commission Meeting AgendaJan. 27, 2021 Remote Regular Commission Work Session Agenda
- Jan. 28, 2021 Remote Regular Commission Meeting Agenda
COMMISSION MEETING VIDEOS
- Nov. 19, 2020 WSPRC Remote Regular Meeting Via Microsoft Teams
- Jan. 26, 2021 WSPRC Remote Regular Meeting via Zoom (with public comment)
- Jan. 27, 2021 WSPRC Remote Regular Work Session via Microsoft Teams
- Jan. 28, 2021 WSPRC Remote Regular Meeting via Microsoft Teams