Commission meetings & agendas
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission is a board of seven citizen volunteers appointed by the governor. The commission has regular meetings six times a year at pre-determined locations around the state. Regular meetings run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and include an opportunity for public comment. The commission chair may call special meetings at any time; all special meetings are announced in advance.
The commission typically meets in a work session from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day prior to the regular meeting in the same location or at a location near the regular meeting location. Work sessions are educational sessions on park operations and issues that eventually may go before the commission. The commission may also tour area sites or parks the day following the regular meeting. No public comment and no formal action are taken at work sessions and tours.
Upcoming Commission Meetings
Agendas are posted online at least one week in advance of meetings, and actions are posted within a week after the meeting.
- Agenda for the Jan. 21, Remote Special Commission Meeting
- Agenda for the Jan. 26, Remote Special Commission Meeting
- Agenda for the Jan. 28, Remote Regular Commission Meeting
- View All Agendas and Actions
JAN. 26, SPECIAL MEETING – ORAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
In accordance with state law (RCW 42.30.080), the Commission chair has called a Special Meeting via a Zoom/conference call to be held at the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. The purpose of the Jan. 26, special meeting is to hear public comment on Item E-1: Naval Special Operations Training in Washington State Parks.
PROVIDING PUBLIC COMMENT AT THE JAN 26 SPECIAL COMMENT MEETING
If you want to provide oral comment to the Parks and Recreation Commission on the U.S. Navy’s permit application, you must register here before 5 p.m. on Jan. 20.
Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email that includes the link for the meeting and optional phone number. Zoom will also send you an email reminder with this same meeting information one hour before the meeting starts on Jan. 26.
JOINING THE MEETING
When you join the meeting on Jan. 26, you will be able to see the commissioners and park staff but will be muted and unable to talk. After a short introduction by the commission and park staff, we will begin public comment.
We have just under four hours for public comment and each person will have two minutes to speak. We will hear from as many people as we can during the allotted time.
When public comments begin, slides will display the order of the people providing comment. The comment order will be selected at random from the list of people who signed up (registering first at 9 a.m. on Jan. 4 does not mean you are first to speak).
We will read aloud the name of the person whose turn it is to provide public comment and unmute them. We will also read the name of the person who is next in line to provide comment so they can be ready to provide their comment once the first person has finished. Once you’ve been unmuted, you’ll have two minutes to provide your comment. There will be a timer shared on the screen that indicates how much time you have left.
If you specified you’ll be joining audio via phone we will read your name aloud and look for the last 4 digits of the phone number you provided on the registration form and unmute you. If you join by telephone and cannot join via the web to see the screen and the timer, we will interrupt your comment to let you know when you have reached the end of your time.
Parks is still accepting written comment on the proposal. The public can use the form on this webpage or send written correspondence to:
Mail: WSPRC, Attn: Becki Ellison, PO Box 42650, Olympia, WA 98504.
WRITTEN PUBLIC COMMENT
We encourage anyone interested in providing comments to submit them through our Parks Navy Page using this form..
Powerpoint Presentations for november 2020 Commission meetings
- 2021 Communications and Marketing Priorities
- ADA Transition Plan - November 2020 Work Session
- Commission Work Session - November 2020; 21-23 Financial Update - Final
- Interpretive Program Update
- Item E2 - Alta Lake BP CAMP RA - FINAL.
- Item E3 - Clallam Bay State Parks Property - Transfer to Clallam County
- Item E5 - Capital Program Update
- MS2000 Pre-Arranged Speaker Presentation
- Navy Presentation to WSPRC Nov.19, 2020
- Navy Special Ops Training Commission Report
- November Work Session - Legislative Update
- Statewide Survey
- Survey Difference Handout
- WAC 352-28-020 - Resource Sales and Leases
2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
- Minutes of the Jan. 22 Regular Commission Meeting and Work Session
- Minutes of the May 6 Remote Regular Commission Meeting and Work Session
- Minutes of the July 30 Remote Regular Commission Meeting reconvened Aug. 27, due to technical difficulties.
- Minutes of the Sept. 17 Remote Regular Commission Meeting
- Minutes of the Nov. 9 Remote Special Commission Meeting
- Minutes of the Nov. 18 and 19 Remote Planning Session and Regular Commission Meetings
- Minutes of the Dec. 9 Remote Regular Commision Planning Meeting
NAVY TRAINING PROPOSAL
Navy Training Proposal discussed at the Nov. 19, 2020 online Regular Commission Meeting.
The following is a video transcript of the Nov. 19, 2020 Remote Regular Commission Meeting held via Microsoft Teams