Foster Home Camping Program
Washington resident foster parents and registered relative foster caregivers who camp with the children in their care are entitled to free campsites and day-use entry in Washington state parks.
Participants in the program may camp at first-come, first-served parks or make a telephone reservation to camp in a reservation park (call 1-888-CAMPOUT or 1-888-226-7688). Eligible participants making reservations do not pay for camping but are charged the reservation fee to hold sites in the reservation system.
To get free camping when making a reservation, tell the operator you are a foster care provider. Then, when you arrive at the park to register, show a Washington State Driver’s License or Washington State I.D., along with a Foster Care ID card, your Foster Home License or your Registered Caregiver Card.
Walk-in campers need to show these same documents at the park to receive a free campsite and day use. Foster parents and registered relative caregivers also may use Washington State Parks boat launches and pumpouts for free when they camp. Please note: the foster child must arrive and camp with the caregiver the entire length of stay.
ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY AND RESIDENCY
You may be required to provide one of the following to verify your status.
For more information please email email@example.com.
Foster Program Rules:
- The foster child must arrive and camp with the caregiver the entire length of stay.
- Washington State I.D. and Foster Care ID card or Foster Home License must be current and with you at all times.
- Campers are limited to a consecutive10-day stay in one park from April 1 through September 30, and a consecutive 20-day stay during the rest of the year.
- Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park area unless otherwise posted.
- Participation in Foster Care Camping program does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees or other services (i.e., shower meters
), except as noted).
- Valid only at Washington State Parks. Does not apply to campgrounds operated by other government agencies or private businesses.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass or discount.
- Only valid for person issued. Proof of identification will be required at check in.
- Camping reservations must be canceled if you are unable to use the reservation.
- Only one reservation can be made per night.