Foster Home Camping Pass

Foster Home Camping Pass - No ChargeRV blog Lisa Daniels Grayland site

Washington resident foster parents and registered relative foster caregivers who camp with the children in their care are entitled to free campsites and day-use entry in Washington state parks. 

Participants in the program may camp at first-come, first-served parks or make a telephone reservation to camp in a reservation park (call 1-888-CAMPOUT or 1-888-226-7688). Eligible participants making reservations do not pay for camping but are charged the reservation fee to hold sites in the reservation system. 

To get free camping when making a reservation, tell the operator you are a foster care provider. Then, when you arrive at the park to register, show a Washington State Driver’s License or Washington State I.D., along with a Foster Care ID card or your Foster Home License. 

Walk-in campers need to show these same documents at the park to receive a free campsite and day use. Foster parents and registered relative caregivers also may use Washington State Parks boat launches and pumpouts for free when they camp. Please note: the foster child must arrive and camp with the caregiver the entire length of stay.


You may be required to provide one of the following to verify your status.

  • For residency: Washington state driver’s license; Washington ID card; voter registration card; property tax exemption; or other documentation as approved. Must be Washington resident for the past three consecutive months. Applicant cannot claim multiple state residency.
  • For age: Washington state driver’s license or ID card; copy of birth certificate; notarized affidavit of age; witnessed statement of age; senior citizen property tax exemption; or baptismal certificate.
  • For limited income: Federal income tax return filed for the previous calendar year; a senior citizen property tax exemption; or notarized affidavit of income on a form provided by the Commission.
  • Proof of disability: Certification of your condition in writing on official letterhead stationery. Legally blind and profoundly deaf applicants may have the parks pass application signed by the agency, company, or doctor who declared the disability. Documentation must also certify that you are receiving disability benefits.
  • Proof of disabled veteran status: A disability award letter, certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs or military service; a separation certificate or similar document on official letterhead stationery from the certifying agency. The document must clearly state the percentage of disability and that is service connected.

For more information please email


1. Pass must be valid and present with you during your visit.
2. Pass holder must be camping at the site to receive the discount.
3. Campers are limited to a 10-day stay from April 1 through September 30, and a 20 day stay the rest of the year.
4. Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park
5. Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass or discount.
6. Pass only valid for person issued. Proof of identification required at check in.
7. You must cancel your reservation if you are unable to use it.
8. Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night. 9. A fee of $15 will be charged for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged passes.
10. Pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, reservation fees, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, or other services, except as noted.
11. Do not alter, or make copies of your pass