Novel Coronavirus - COVID 19
> NOTE Washington State Parks administrative buildings, including our Tumwater headquarters, Eastern Region office in Wenatchee and Northwest Region office in Burlington are currently CLOSED to the public due to COVID 19. If you need assistance, visit our contact page for more information.
> FIND out which parks are open for camping, day use and roofed accommodations rentals.
> READ translations of our Guidelines for Responsible Outdoor Recreation and FAQs in 33 languages.
GUIDELINES FOR RESPONSIBLE OUTDOOR RECREATION
BEFORE YOU GO
- Check what’s open. While many state-managed land destinations are open for day use and camping, other local, tribal and federal land may still be closed.
- Stay local. This will reduce the need for stops along the way.
- Limit the number in your group to 5 unless with members of the same household.
- Come prepared. Visitors may find reduced or limited restroom services as staff begin the process to reopen facilities at wildlife areas and water-access sites. You are advised to bring your own soap, water, hand sanitizer and toilet paper, as well as a mask or bandana to cover your nose and mouth.
- Enjoy the outdoors when healthy. If you have symptoms of fever, coughing or shortness of breath, save your outdoor adventure for another day.
When you get there
- Avoid crowds. Be prepared to go somewhere else or come back another time if your destination looks crowded.
- Practice physical distancing. Keep 6 feet between you and those outside your immediate household. Launch one boat at a time to give others enough space to launch safely. Leave at least one parking space between your vehicle and the vehicle next to you. Trailer your boat in the same way.
- Follow the rules. Rule enforcement puts visitors and staff at risk. Please follow all rules to reduce the need for interaction with rangers and other park staff. Never leave a campfire unattended.
- Be kind and respectful to our rangers, park aides, field staff and other park visitors.
- Wash your hands often. Keep up on personal hygiene and bring your own water, soap and hand sanitizer with you.
- Pack out what you pack in. Take any garbage with you, including disposable gloves and masks.